View Mobile Site
  • Bookmark and Share


Photo Gallery

Family loses home in morning fire

POSTED: November 26, 2012 7:51 p.m.

A Rincon family of five has been displaced after their mobile home caught fire Monday morning.

According to Rincon Fire Chief Corey Rahn, the Austin Road home was destroyed after a kitchen fire was left unattended.

“It caught the cabinets on fire and exited through the vent,” Chief Rahn said.

The flames then shot up the exterior of the home to the edge of the roof, according to the chief. Georgia Power was called to disconnect the power.

There were two adults and three children living in the home and there were two other children staying at the house through the holiday, Chief Rahn said.

The blaze was reported at 9:59 a.m. and 10 Rincon firefighters and a unit from the Springfield Fire Department responded.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family with food, clothing and temporary shelter.


  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

  • There are no articles found.
  • There are no articles found.
  • There are no articles found.

© Copyright 2018 Effingham Herald All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...