View Mobile Site
  • Bookmark and Share

News

Photo Gallery

Revisiting the Farmers Union Store

POSTED: November 15, 2017 6:53 a.m.
Submitted/

View Larger

The Farmers Union Store was moved to Laurel Street in Springfield about 1920. Mr. Elmon Bragg was the first manager. In 1936 the business was sold to operate as an independent store. It was purchased by Bragg and Rahn: Elmon Bragg, G. L. Rahn and E. K. Rahn and was known as B & R Grocery Company. Shown above left to right: Milton Bragg, Elmon C. Bragg, Mamie Hinely Morgan and M. W. Bragg. Others in photo are unknown.

This was compiled by Susan Exley from Historic Effingham Society. If you have photos or historical information to share contact her at 912-754-6681 or email hesheraldexley@aol.com

COMMENTS

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

  • There are no articles found.
  • There are no articles found.
  • There are no articles found.
 


© Copyright 2018 Effingham Herald All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...