The Parent University-Effingham spring session will be held Saturday at Effingham County Middle School, 1659 Highway 119 South in Guyton.
Registration begins at 8 a.m. with the general session starting at 9 a.m. All sessions will conclude by 1:30 p.m. There is no cost to attend Parent University-Effingham. Breakfast and lunch will be served. Vendors will have information for the entire family. Each child will receive a book just for attending. Door prizes will be drawn as well.
Parents and students from surrounding counties are welcome to attend.
This session will feature bridging, learning opportunities and youth summer employment.
The parent session includes:
• CPR certification class
• Campus tour of Effingham College and Career Academy
• Personal safety and security
• All children have special needs
• Make a Take summer activities for parents of children pre-kindergarten through fifth grade students
• Discovering what your child is doing in school through Google apps
Kidz and Youth Leadership sessions include:
• Kool treats of learning for the summer
• Campus tour of ECCA
• Summer job opportunities with PAXEN Learning Service Corporation for ages 16-24
• Enrichment activities for summer gains
Preregistration deadline is Thursday or you may register the morning of April 16. Registration forms were sent home by your child’s school. Please return to their school or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms are also available at www.parentuniversityeffingham.org.
For more information, call (912) 661-5290, (912) 772-3885, or (912) 978-0769
The mission of Parent University is to educate, inspire and empower parents to meet the needs of their children by becoming their first and most important teacher. Its goals support family literacy by providing services that make sustainability changes in the family. Even though Parent University’s main focus is to provide information for parents, there are learning opportunities for non-parents also.
Parent University-Effingham is sponsored by the Springfield Central High School Association, Inc. and the Effingham County Board of Education. Parent University-Effingham has 501 (c) 3 status.