Effingham Theatre is once more bringing the stage to life, with a time-honored classic. “A Christmas Carol” was originally written by Charles Dickens and edited for the stage by Effingham Theatre’s Jonathan Thompson.
This adaptation of the classic story brings to life the characters of Ebenezer Scrooge and the spirits of Christmas. It is the classic story we all know and love with a comical twist. The story of “A Christmas Carol” deals with all aspects of life, death and redemption. Auditions for the show will be held on Sept. 12 and 13 between the hours of 1 and 6 p.m. and by appointment on Sept. 14. Auditions will be held at 102 South Laurel St. in Springfield (next door to “Ever After”).
This will be the second main stage play produced by Effingham Theatre, but this will be the first large scale production written and directed by a member of the Effingham Theatre staff.
For those wishing to be a part of the show but not wishing to be onstage, Effingham Theatre is offering sponsorship programs for “A Christmas Carol.”
• Sponsor a character-$30. Your $30 will be used to buy props and costumes for a character of your choice.
• Sponsor a scene-$200. Your $200 will be used to buy building materials and finishing products for the scenery and to help with rental costs of theatre flats and stage props.
• Technical sponsorship-$30. Your $30 will be used for the rental and operation of technical equipment including lighting and sound.
If you want to become long-term benefactors of Effingham Theatre, you may choose the following:
• Subscribers: A yearly subscription, which includes newsletters, status reports and event mailers for a $15 annual donation.
• Supporters: An advanced subscription which includes newsletters, status reports, event mailers, the ability to vote on advisors each year, admission to preview shows, two tickets to a seasonal show of your choice and reserved seating on request for a $40 donation.
For more information on how to make a donation or to sign up for auditions call (912) 772-3514.