Georgia Power has scheduled its next round of upgrades and outages.
An outage for Oct. 20 is planned to start at 9 a.m. and will last up to eight hours. The affected areas are:
• Pleasant Acres Road from McCall Road to just past Wilder Road
• McCall Road from Azalea Avenue to just north of Webb Road
• Courthouse Road from McCall Road to Eagle Drive.
The alternate date for the outage is Oct. 21.
An outage is planned for Oct. 21 that will start at 10 p.m. and last up to eight hours. The affected areas are:
• Effingham Hospital, Effingham County Jail and surrounding buildings
• West 1st Street from 2nd Avenue South to Highway 119
The start time is later because the area includes the hospital and the jail.
Residential customers with questions may call 1-888-660-5890.
Business customers with questions may call 1-888-655-5888.