Below are some answers that children gave to a Bible test. They have not been retouched nor corrected. (For example, incorrect spelling has been left in). Would you get a better grade?
1. Adam and Eve were created from an Apple tree. Noah’s wife was called Joan of Ark. Noah built an ark and the animals came on in pears.
2. Lots wife was a pillar of salt during the day, but a ball of fire during the night.
3. Samson slayed the Philistines with the axe of the Apostles.
4. St. Paul cavorted to Christianity, he preached holy acrimony, which is another name for marraige.
5. The greates miricle in the bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.
6. The epistels were the wives of the apostals.
7. The seventh Commandment is thou shalt not admit adultery.
Aren’t you glad that you don’t have to pass a Bible test to get into heaven?
There is a test in the Bible we do need to pass, however. The apostle Paul (you know, the guy married to an epistle), wrote: “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you realize that Christ Jesus is in you— unless, of course, you fail the test?” (2 Corinthians 13:5, NIV). So you pass the test if Jesus is in your heart, and you fail the test if He’s not. It’s as simple as that.
Wow, what a teacher God is! By His grace, through faith in His Son, I am awarded an A+ and I am admitted into heaven. That’s even a greater miracle than Joshua’s son standing still. Have you taken God’s test?
Copyright 2008 by Bob Rogers. Read this column each Thursday for a mix of religion and humor. For more “Holy Humor,” go to the Web page of First Baptist Church of Rincon at www.fbcrincon.com.