With gas prices and food costs on the rise and record foreclosure rates, families are feeling the pinch of tough economic times. When ends aren’t meeting and bills are piling up, who can families look to for help?
United Way provides a unique information and referral service to our community in Chatham, Effingham, Liberty, Bryan, Glynn and McIntosh counties: 2-1-1. Free of charge and available 24 hours a day 365 days a year, 2-1-1 connects callers to community resources such as:
• Food pantry programs to help stretch those grocery dollars
• Bill payment assistance for those who are behind in paying
• Rent assistance programs for those served with eviction warrants
• Foreclosure prevention programs
• Job search and job skills training programs
• Health care for the uninsured/under-insured
• Affordable childcare programs
• Affordable housing solutions
• Financial education and budgeting classes
The 2-1-1 service can be dialed from your home or cell phone today.