The Georgia Department of Public Health has confirmed the flu-related death of an adult male in Glynn County.
This is the third confirmed flu-related death in the Coastal Health District. In addition to the death in Glynn County, there have been two confirmed flu-related deaths in Chatham County. There have been a total of 50 confirmed flu-related deaths in Georgia.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends everyone six months and older get vaccinated against the flu.
There are also several simple, everyday precautions people can take to avoid getting and spreading the flu, including:
• Cover your cough (try to cough into the crook of your elbow, not your hand).
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Clean common surfaces like countertops and desks.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth because germs spread this way.
• Stay home and away from others when you’re sick.