Student guidelines for free SAT:
• Check your eligibility for the scholarship by checking the attached sheet or go to https://www.gsfc.org/gsfa/
• Establish a GACollege411 account at www.gacollege411.com
• Give your counselor permission to access your GACollege411 account
• Print your PSAT score from the general 10th grade administration or go to the counselor’s office for a copy.
• Practice the SAT Online Prep Course at the official website and print scores from two reading quizzes, three mathematics quizzes, and two full length SAT practice tests (see the guidance office if you need a card with a code number to access this) You can access this from GACollege411 site.
• Complete your application at the GaCollege411 Web site. You will need your unique GTID number (get this from the counselor’s office), your counselor’s email address (email@example.com for 11th grade and firstname.lastname@example.org for seniors) and a personal email address to complete your application. Link for the application is https://www.gsfc.org/gsfa/incentivescholarship.cfm?GUID
• Print a copy of your completed GACollege 411 application for your counselor.
• Take copies of your application and SAT online practice score reports to your counselor.
• Meet with you counselor for validation of your eligibility before the end of the school day on Dec. 13. After meeting with you and receiving your Governor’s Incentive Scholarship Application and your required Score Reports from SAT Online, your counselor will certify your eligibility for a voucher for one ACT or one SAT exam for use by June 14, 2008, with your principal. The school principal will complete, sign and submit a roster of eligible students to the Georgia Department of Education.
• Vouchers will be returned to your principal for distribution to eligible students by Jan 18th. You must sign for receipt of your voucher.
• Mail your voucher with registration for the ACT or the SAT. After you receive your exam voucher from your principal you must complete a paper registration for an ACT or SAT exam between January and June of 2008. Enclose your voucher with your paper registration as full payment for one exam. Complete the ACT or SAT registration and mail your registration form and your voucher to the address noted on the registration form. 2008 Georgia payment vouchers will not be valid after the June 7, test date for the SAT, or the June 14 test date for the ACT. Vouchers will be disbursed on an availability basis. All eligible students are not guaranteed a voucher.
Prepared by Lue Healy and Reagan Powell