By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Sand Hill students learn fire safety
Alissa Mincey
Alissa Mincey - photo by Photo by Sandi Van Orden

Students at Sand Hill Elementary learned about fire safety from member of the Effingham County Fire Department last week.

The students learned about fires on the stove and in the oven.

They learned to always blow candles out before leaving a room, and how far away from a candle objects should be placed.

They also learned the appropriate distance to stay away from a fireplace or heater.

The students had a fire drill where they had to crawl below smoke to a door and feel to see if it was a safe exit.

The lessons were part of fire safety week.