ATLANTA – The Georgia Department of Labor will host a recruitment on Feb. 5, to help the Georgia Ports Authority fill several jobs in five different occupations.
This had been originally scheduled for Jan. 30, but had to be rescheduled due to state offices closing because of the winter storm.
The recruitment will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the GDOL’s Savannah Career Center at 5520 White Bluff Rd.
The Georgia Ports Authority is recruiting for a variety of positions, including assistant operations manager, purchasing specialist, credit specialist, driver operators and cargo handler.
The minimum requirements for each position are:
• Assistant manager: a bachelor’s degree and at least three years experience in transportation, logistics, or in the maritime industry.
• Purchasing specialist: some college and at least two years experience in the purchasing field.
• Driver operators: at least two years experience as a light truck driver and a commercial driver’s license (CDL) is desired.
• Credit specialist: some college education and at least two years experience in the collection of accounts receivable, and,
• Cargo handler: at least a year’s experience as a material handler.
Applicants are encouraged to complete online applications in advance of the recruitment at www.gaports.com.
For more information about the recruitment, contact GPA human resources at (912) 964-3907 or the Savannah Career Center at (912) 356-2773.