(Updated on January 29)
The following event has been postponed due to the severe winter weather that hit Georgia, causing all state offices to close.
The recruitment to fill several jobs in five different occupations at the GPA will be rescheduled for a later date.
People interested in attending the recruitment should monitor the GDOL’s web site, www.employgeorgia.com, for upcoming information about the rescheduled recruitment.
ATLANTA — The Georgia Department of Labor will host a recruitment on Jan. 30 to help the Georgia Ports Authority fill several jobs in five different occupations.
The recruitment will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the GDOL’s Savannah Career Center, 5520 White Bluff Rd.
The Georgia Ports Authority is recruiting for a variety of positions, including assistant operations manager, purchasing specialist, credit specialist, driver operators and cargo handler.
The minimum requirements for each position are:
• Assistant manager: a bachelor’s degree and at least three years experience in transportation, logistics or in the maritime industry.
• Purchasing specialist: some college and at least two years experience in the purchasing field.
• Driver operators: at least two years experience as a light truck driver and a commercial driver’s license (CDL) is desired.
• Credit specialist: some college education and at least two years experience in the collection of accounts receivable.
• Cargo handler: at least a year’s experience as a material handler.
Applicants are encouraged to complete online applications in advance of the recruitment at www.gaports.com.
For more information about the recruitment, contact GPA human resources at (912) 964-3907 or the Savannah Career Center at (912) 356-2773.