Judy DuBois of Rincon waited for more than two hours to give blood.
“It just seemed like a good opportunity,” DuBois said.
She said it can be hard to find out when blood drives are, and she saw the truck when she came to do her grocery shopping and decided to give.
Sharon Cleland of Guyton said her daughter called to let her know about the blood drive.
“I came to give blood,” she said. “It’s what God wants us to do.”
Cindy Gay of Guyton said she read about the blood drive.
“I wanted to do what I could to help,” she said.
The Savannah Community Blood Bank is hosting a blood drive:
• Feb. 15, Citizen’s Bank of Port Wentworth, 7224 GA Highway 21, noon-4 p.m. (contact Lisa Mosley at 964-9664)
The American Red Cross is hosting local blood drives:
• Feb. 15, Effingham Hospital, 459 Highway 119 S., 1-6 p.m.
• Feb. 22, United Way, Effingham Services Center, 711 Zitterour Rd., 11 a.m.-7 p.m. (contact Bonnie Dixon at 826-5300)
• Feb. 29, Georgia Pacific Savannah River Mill, 393 Fort Howard Rd., 3-9 p.m.
• March 3, Effingham County Recreation Dept., 808 Highway 119 S., 2-7 p.m.
• March 7, Georgia Pacific Savannah River Mill, 393 Fort Howard Rd., 3-9 p.m.
• March 10, Springfield Elementary, 300 Old Dixie Highway S., 1-6 p.m.
• March 21, Springfield United Methodist Church, 209 Cleveland St., noon-6 p.m.