Effingham County High School will host College Night for all juniors and seniors Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. Students and their parents are encouraged to come. This year’s event includes:
• Representatives from Armstrong Atlantic State University, Georgia Southern University, East Georgia College, Savannah Tech, Ogeechee Tech, Savannah State, Young Harris College, Middle Georgia, University of South Carolina in Bluffton, and Georgia Tech-Savannah Campus and possibly other local private colleges will have booths set up to distribute information and answer questions.
• Online application information will be available for both the SAT and the ACT. Students will have an opportunity to discuss whether they need to take one of these tests or the COMPASS test for admissions purposes. They may sign up to take the COMPASS test that night. Students and parents will learn about how the tests are alike and different and what the scoring means for admissions purposes.
• Counselors will be able to assist students in accessing their preliminary HOPE Scholarship eligibility by showing them how to access the official information on the GACollege411 site.
• Students will be able to establish a GACOLLEGE411 account to use for financial aid purposes as well as to investigate the site for career and scholarship opportunities.
• Students and parents will each be able to apply for a PIN number for the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance.
• Students who hope to play college sports will have an opportunity to talk with a counselor about NCAA Clearinghouse regulations and learn to access web information.
• A representative from the Georgia Student Finance Commission will make several financial aid presentations throughout the evening and will be available to answer questions that students and parents may have.
• ECHS counselors will be available for questions.
• Refreshments will be served. Door prizes will be given.