By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Komen affiliate names communications chair
Placeholder Image

The Coastal Georgia Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure has named marketing and public relations professional Nikki Troxclair as communications chair for the Affiliate’s board of directors.

Troxclair comes to the Affiliate Board with more than 13 years of marketing, communications, and public relations experience. She is currently the Assistant Director of Campus Communications and Marketing for Georgia Tech-Savannah Campus. In her volunteer role as Communications Chair, she will be responsible for all Affiliate communications including information on grant opportunities, fundraising events, and outreach projects.

“We are thrilled to welcome Nikki and look forward to working with her to spread the word about all of the wonderful things our Affiliate is doing to serve the women of coastal Georgia and working to find a cure to end breast cancer forever,” said Affiliate President Caroline Keller.

The Komen Coastal Georgia Affiliate is part of the 125-Affiliate network of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting to end breast cancer forever. The Affiliates are the face and voice of Komen for the Cure’s global breast cancer movement in communities around the world. Through local events and activities, the Komen Coastal Georgia Affiliate mobilizes and educates thousands of community members while raising funds to support community-based breast cancer programs.

About Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Komen Coastal Georgia Affiliate

Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure and launched the global breast cancer movement.

The Susan G. Komen for the Cure Coastal Georgia Affiliate is a primary breast health resource that empowers people to take charge of their own health. Funds raised through events like the Komen Coastal Georgia Savannah Race for the Cure have allowed the Affiliate to invest in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in Bryan, Bulloch, Camden, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long and McIntosh counties. Up to 75 percent of the net proceeds raised through the Affiliate each year stays in Coastal Georgia. The remaining 25 percent of the net proceeds support the Komen Research and Awards Program.

In 2011, the Affiliate awarded $250,000 in local grant allocations. Through these grants, thousands of women in Coastal Georgia with little or no insurance received important breast health information, a free mammogram or treatment support. In addition, thousands of other people will benefit from breast health education programs provided by Komen Coastal Georgia.

To date, the Affiliate has funded more than $750,000 in breast cancer outreach, education, screening and treatment programs.