Josh Reddick is hitting .500 in spring training, and his batting average is tops among players in the Grapefruit League with at least 20 at-bats.
The former South Effingham star was 3-for-4 Thursday and had a sacrifice fly and outfield assist Friday. He was 2-for-3 Saturday against Baltimore with a double and one RBI, batting leadoff and playing center field in a 9-8 loss.
Reddick is 11-for-22 with four RBIs this spring.
• Colby May was 3-for-4 with two RBIs as the Georgia Bulldogs blasted LeMoyne College 12-0 Wednesday.
May, the starting freshman third baseman for the nation’s top-ranked college baseball team, is hitting .339 with six homers and 24 RBIs. The Bulldogs (15-2) suffered their first two losses this year when they dropped a doubleheader Saturday to Alabama in their Southeastern Conference opener. May had a two-run homer as the Bulldogs beat the Tide 10-8 Sunday.
• John Roberts went 2-for-4 and drove in a run as the Armstrong Atlantic State Pirates beat Concord (W.Va.) 10-0 Thursday. The Pirates (15-8) have won nine straight. Roberts, a freshman catcher and SEHS alum, has raised his average to .234 and has 10 RBIs.
• Junior outfielder Josh Wilson is hitting .372 with three home runs and 14 RBIs for Armstrong. The ECHS grad leads the Pirates in doubles (eight) and runs (27).
• Sophomore Sam Dotson has appeared in three games and the ECHS alum has three strikeouts and one walk in three scoreless innings.
• Junior Brandon McCreery, a former SEHS ace, is 0-3 with 6.55 ERA in seven appearances. He has two saves and has 12 strikeouts in 11 innings.
• Freshman Jesse Osborne is 0-0 with a 10.38 ERA, with 4 1/3 innings in five appearances.
• Spencer Jackson is hitting .360 with one homer and 16 RBIs for the University of South Carolina-Beaufort. The ECHS alum is tied for the lead in runs (29) for the Sand Sharks (22-10). He was 4-for-5 Friday against Florida Memorial and 3-for-6 in the first game of a twinbill Saturday with Florida Memorial.
• SEHS grad and USCB outfielder Paul Cheeks is out for the year with a quad injury. He was hitting .308 with four RBIs.
• Dylan Scott was 1-for-6 with a double and two RBIs as Middle Georgia College (20-6) swept a three-game series from Andrew College over the weekend. Scott, a freshman outfielder, is an ECHS grad.
• Kiefer Youmans was 2-for-11 for Andrew College in the series with MGC. The former South Effingham star is hitting .258 with one homer and 18 RBIs.
• Megen Smith picked up her first win of the season as the Georgia Southern sophomore shut out Appalachian State in a 2-0 victory Saturday. Smith struck out four in seven innings. She was 2-for-3 in a 5-4 win in the other game of the doubleheader Saturday. The ECHS alum is 1-3 with a 4.52 ERA and has struck out 12 in 26 1/3 innings. She’s also second on the team in hitting with a .389 average. She has one homer and four RBIs.
• Former ECHS catcher Marie Fogle is starting in centerfield for the Georgia Southern Lady Eagles. She is hitting .273 and has one homer and two RBIs. She was 2-for-4 in a 3-2 win Sunday over App State.