• Josh Reddick, Portland Sea Dogs (AA) — On his way to his minor league assignment, the former South Effingham star joined the Boston Red Sox for their two-game exhibition series against the New York Mets at the new Citi Field. Reddick played in both games, going 0-for-4, and finished spring training hitting .423 for the Red Sox. He was 0-for-2 in Friday’s game, coming in for center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury, and 0-for-2 Saturday, replacing J.D. Drew in right field before moving to center field.
• Austin Chambliss, Modesto Nuts (A) — The former SEHS ace has been assigned to the Colorado Rockies high Single-A team in the California League.
• Colby May, Georgia — The freshman third baseman is hitting .370 with nine home runs and 33 RBIs for the Bulldogs (25-5, 8-4 Southeastern Conference). He was 2-for-3 with a homer in a 6-5 win over Clemson on Tuesday and homered in a 4-2 win over Clemson on Wednesday. May went 2-for-3 with three RBIs in a 10-8 victory over LSU on Saturday.
• Josh Wilson, Armstrong Atlantic — The junior outfielder is hitting .344 with four homers and 18 RBIs. He also has 13 doubles and three triples. He also leads the Pirates (26-11) in runs (45). He was 4-for-6 in an 8-5 win over UNC Pembroke.
• John Roberts, Armstrong Atlantic — The freshman catcher is hitting .294. He has four homers and 24 RBIs. He hit three homers and drove in five runs in a four-game stretch against UNC Pembroke and Erskine.
• Sam Dotson, Armstrong Atlantic — Dotson has not allowed a run in four innings over four appearances. He has three strikeouts.
• Jesse Osborne, Armstrong Atlantic — The freshman right-hander has an ERA of 6.14 and has seven strikeouts in 7 1/3 innings over seven appearances.
• Brandon McCreery, Armstrong Atlantic — The Pirates closer has three saves in 13 appearances. He is 0-3 with a 4.76 ERA but has 15 strikeouts in 17 innings.
• Spencer Jackson, South Carolina-Beaufort — The Sand Sharks sophomore left fielder was 2-for-3 with two RBIs in a 5-0 win over Brewton-Parker and 2-for-3 with one RBI in a 5-4 victory over Webber International. Jackson is hitting .345 with two homers and 23 RBIs and has scored a team-high 32 runs.
• Keifer Youmans, Andrew — Youmans, a sophomore outfielder, has raised his average to .280 with two home runs and 24 RBIs. He also has eight doubles.
• Dylan Scott, Midde Georgia — A sophomore outfielder, was 1-for-3 and drove in a run against Gordon College in a 8-4 loss on March 30.
• Steven Proctor, Centre College (Ky.) — Proctor, a sophomore first baseman and Effingham County High alum, went 2-for-4 with one RBI and three runs scored in a 24-11 loss to Asbury College. He is hitting .348 with 11 RBIs for the season.
• Megen Smith, Georgia Southern — Smith’s RBI single in the sixth inning lifted GSU to a 1-0 victory over Samford in the first game of their three-game series. The sophomore is hitting .339 with one homer and eight RBIs. She is 2-6 with a 4.88 earned run average in the circle.
• Marie Fogle, Georgia Southern — The freshman outfielder is hitting .277 with one homer and two RBIs.
• Brandi Monroe, Andrew — Monroe is the starting sophomore shortstop for the Lady Tigers.