The Exchange Club of Effingham County learned about the Savannah Coastal Refuges in a presentation from Monica Harris, visitor services manager.
Established in 1927, the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge consists of more than 29,000 acres of freshwater marshes, tidal rivers and creeks which extend from Georgetown, S.C., to St. Mary’s. The Exchange Club members learned about the various Savannah Coastal Refuges and the opportunities to enjoy the wildlife, including bird watching, hunting and fishing.
The Exchange Club of Effingham County meets on the first and third Wednesdays each month for lunch, fellowship and interesting programs. To learn more about the Exchange Club, call Carr at 657-5423.