By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Marshals arrest wanted Rincon man
hubbard aaron
Aaron Hubbard

The U.S. Marshals arrested a Rincon man wanted on 16 warrants from four departments, bringing him into custody Thursday morning in Savannah.

The Marshals Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force apprehended Aaron Craig Hubbard, 23. who was being sought on two warrants from the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office for sale of cocaine and unlawful use of communication facilities. Hubbard also was being sought on a warrant by the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles for parole violation based on the Effingham County charges, as well as absconding from supervision. He was on parole for a 2008 weapon and drug charge.

The Port Wentworth Police Department had 12 warrants on Hubbard, including aggravated assault on a police officer, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, carrying a concealed weapon, theft by receiving stolen property, criminal damage to property first degree, misdemeanor and felony obstruction, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.

Hubbard was wanted by Savannah-Chatham Metro Police for the offense of theft by taking motor vehicle.

All of these charges happened in various incidents from March-July.

The case was referred to the Savannah Office of the U.S. Marshals Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force in July 2011. The Savannah task force conducted an extensive investigation over the last three and a half weeks to find Hubbard. Numerous leads were generated by the task force.

The task force received information that Hubbard was possibly at a home on Sherwood Court in Rincon on July 8. The Marshals task force, with the assistance of the ECSO Drug Suppression Unit, went to the address but Hubbard was not there.

The task force continued to try to locate Hubbard and received information that he was possibly at a home in the 1100 block of Springfield Street located off Stiles Avenue on Savannah’s westside. On Aug. 11, with the assistance of SCMPD patrol units, the Marshals Task Force went to the address and found Hubbard. Hubbard was arrested without incident.

There were two other males in the home. One of the other males, Marlon Hayes, was arrested on an unrelated outstanding SCMPD warrant for contempt of court for failure to appear. Both men were taken to the Chatham County Detention Center.