Parent University – Effingham announces plans for its 2016 winter session, featuring “The Swing on Ginny’s Porch,” by local educator turned author Brenda Jenkins.
Other topics include: Move on When Ready; Georgia Milestones assessments; distracted driving; parenting with love and logic; first-aid certification; and bullying.
The session will be held Feb. 6 at Effingham County Middle School.
Registration and continental breakfast will begin at 8 a.m. Other highlights of the session are:
• General session will begin at 9 a.m.
• Breakout sessions will begin at 9:40 a.m.
• Kidz Academy will provide age appropriate activities for children grades pre-K-5.
• Youth Leadership classes will be provided for students grades 6-12.
• Various vendors will be available during the day.
• Lunch is provided at no cost.
• Door prizes will be drawn during lunch.
• All activities are free
Parent University-Effingham is sponsored by the Springfield Central High School Association, Inc. and the Effingham County Board of Education. Parent University-Effingham has 501 (c) 3 status.
For more information call (912) 661-5290.