30th Annual Guyton Tour of Homes
• The Gay home
111 Springfield Ave.
• The Griffin home
108 Central Blvd.
• The White home
110 Central Blvd.
• The Cubbedge home
189 Walter Tuten
• The Martin home
214 McIntyre Blvd., Marlow
• The Page home
2321 Central Ave., Marlow
The 30th Annual Tour of Homes in historic Guyton takes place on Tuesday, featuring home and church tours, trolley rides, music and food. Advance tickets to tour the homes can be purchased at Gregory’s Floral Designs and Gift Shoppe and at Reiser and Reiser CPA in Guyton.
Children 12 and under tour for free. Tickets are available on the evening of the event at the Guyton Woman’s Club on 116 Lynn Bonds Ave.
Beginning at 5 p.m. and running until 9, catch a glimpse of Santa ironing his suit. Or, check out the vast array of Christmas trees on display — one with jewelry ornaments, another with paper dolls and many other uniquely decorated trees. Some of the participants of this year’s tour include: the Gay home (111 Springfield Ave.), Griffin home (108 Central Blvd.), White home (110 Central Blvd.), Cubbedge home (189 Walter Tuten), Martin home (214 McIntyre Blvd. in Marlow) and across the street the Page home (2321 Central Ave. in Marlow).
Individuals also will be able to purchase old-fashioned breakfast dinners for $5 a plate at Guyton Elementary School from 4:30-7 p.m., courtesy of the volunteer fire department.
The following participating churches and church properties can be toured for free:
1. Beulah (former home of Dr. Willie Grier Todd, church property of Guyton UMC) 407 Church St.
2. First Union Baptist Church 405 Poplar St.
3. Faith Ministries International, 51B Central Blvd.
4. Guyton Christian Church, 303 Pine St.
5. Guyton United Methodist Church, 401 Church St.
6. Liberty Christian Church, 302 Church St.
7. Macedonia Baptist Church, 724 Central Blvd.
8. New Hope AME Church, 415 Alexander Ave.
9. New Providence Baptist Church, 106 Church St.
10. Pine Street Baptist Church, 118 Lynn Bonds Ave.
11. Safe Haven Church, 718 Central Blvd.
The Guyton Historical Society, Guyton Woman’s Club and the Guyton Volunteer Fire Department is sponsoring this year’s tour.
For more information, contact Jennifer Reiser at 772-3298.