“Christmas on the Homefront” is fun and educational hands-on activities about the holiday season during wartime. The homefront activities are free and will focus on the way families and 8th Air Force troops celebrated Christmas during World War II. “Christmas on the Homefront” is great for kids ages 3-13 and will be ongoing between 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on Dec. 6 and Dec. 13.
• Creating Christmas Cards. Construction paper, old greeting cards and fun scissors will be provided for the activity.
• Stinging popcorn and cranberries to decorate a tree.
• Cookie decorating with an emphasis on rationing during WWII and learning about the kinds of treats eaten during the war.
• Decorating salt dough ornaments to take home.
• Learning how the men of the 8th Air Force helped English children celebrate Christmas.